Horticultural Society was founded in 1939. It runs a programme of
lectures, visits to gardens, short garden holidays, an annual plant sale in Spring and a show
in Autumn. It is affiliated to the Royal Horticultural Society and the
National Chrysanthemum Society. Membership is open to anyone living in
15th June: Presentation by Richard Preston: 'The Life and Times of
Primrose Garden'. In July we will be visiting Primrose Garden in
KENNINGTON OPEN GARDENS DAY, SUNDAY 26th JUNE, 2-6pm
Scroll down for the list of open gardens
A varied range of Kennington gardens to visit, plus teas, plants and other attractions
Wednesday 13th July
Evening visit to Primrose Garden, Steeple Aston
Click here for details
KENNINGTON OPEN GARDENS 2022Kennington’s
green-fingered gardeners will have a varied range of gardens for you to
enjoy on what we hope will be a lovely day on which to celebrate
summer. Of course, open gardens also means tea and cakes and a great
atmosphere in the village.
SUNDAY 26 JUNE, 2-6pm
GARDENS LARGE AND SMALL, PLANTS, SECONDHAND GARDEN & WILDLIFE BOOKS, TEAS
Help us build a LIBRARY FOR ALL in Mumias West, KenyaAll the money raised will be donated to The Nasio Trust,
the Abingdon-based charity which supports a community in rural Western
Kenya. The money will be ear-marked for the building of a community library
in Mumias County, with the aim of instilling a love of reading in the
local children and promoting literacy in the wider community.
How to get your ticketAdult tickets cost £5 each, giving you access to all the gardens. Children 14 and under go free. Buy your ticket from 2pm onwards from the stall in St Swithun’s Church grounds (2 The Avenue, OX1 5PN),
where you will be given a leaflet with a description of all the gardens,
information about refreshments, plant stalls, etc. and a map. NB Cash only please.
Which gardens are open?
1. St Swithun's Church grounds. Tickets. Nasio Trust information stall. Tea & scones. Plants. Wildlife gardening information.
2. 4 Playfield Road. (Emma Whiteley) Bookstall.
3. 105 The Avenue. (Alison & Sylfest Muldal) Wildlife information.
4. 12 St Swithun's Road. (Annette & Steve Gillow). Tea & cakes.
5. 93 Bagley Wood Road. (Molly & John Dewey)
6. 206 Upper Road (Alison & Brian Peedell)
7. 8 Edward Road (Norma & John Sweeney) Plant stall
8. 63 Kennington Road (Alan & Jackie Mutton) Tea & cakes.
9. 31 Upper Road (Sylvia & Attam Vetta). Tea & cakes, Indian savoury snacks.
10. 85 Upper Road (Marilyn Farr) Plant stall.
NEWS IN BRIEF:
- With effect from March 2022, all talks and presentations will be held in St Swithuns Church unless otherwise stated, beginning at 7.30pm.
save money and the environment we have printed only a limited number of
Show Schedules. If you would like one please contact the Treasurer. Or you can read it here.
- Places are still available for the KHS Holiday to RHS Bridgwater and the Southport Show, 18-22 August 2022. To reserve a place please contact the Treasurer.